I can’t imagine not being the one behind the camera.
After years of happily being the one friends and family rely on to capture trips, special occasions, and the everyday, I realized that my enthusiasm for taking pictures extended far beyond a mere hobby. I am now honored to document the lives of family and friends, old and new.
You’ll find me:
- mouth wide open, laughing way too loudly
- doing just about anything to get another belly laugh from my son
- preparing meals for our family or entertaining others
- spending time with dear friends and family
- meticulously researching the details of an upcoming trip
- searching for gorgeous light
- taking walks, playing tennis or softball
- planning kid-friendly activities with our neighborhood moms
- cheering on our local professional teams or our favorite college teams (Go Deacs)
- and, taking pictures of it all…
My husband and I live in Northern Virginia and are enjoying life with our two children and patient long-haired dachshund.
I serve the metro Washington, DC, area but may be available for select additional locations; contact me with any inquiries.
picture of Kara taken by Merritt Shumate